We currently have a requirement for a German Speaking Event Manager to join our team at Irish Horizons.
Who we are and what we do:
Irish Horizons is a top Destination Management Company based in Dublin, part of the international Tour Partner Group with offices based in London, Copenhagen and San Francisco.
The Dublin office consists of 60 + professionals working at the leading edge of service provision within the incoming business tourism sector.
Since 1989 we have organised a large variety of International Conferences, Meetings and Incentives. Our previous clients include market leaders from all industries ranging from Pharmaceutical to Banking, Motoring and Technology.
We operate across the whole island of Ireland with all its diversity. Our trusted relationships with hoteliers and other suppliers ensure that we can create world class events for the demanding MICE sector. We have a multilingual team based at our Dublin headquarters, always up to date on what is new and exciting in Ireland and what makes Ireland a special destination.
To project manage within the Incentives Department German Incentives, Conferences, Events & special interest group tours from conception through to operations and final account reconciliation. This will involve some or all of the following activities:
- Costing and creating winning proposals for German clients – this will involve ongoing liaison with the client to ensure ongoing success of the project
- Database marketing and maintenance of a library of product knowledge
- Ensuring all accommodation & services are booked is in line with the client’s agreed programme & budget
- Drawing up operational itineraries
- Rate negotiation with suppliers to ensure we have realistic, winning rates
- Issuing contracts to agents, timely invoicing and assisting accounts promptly with queries
- Full responsibility for ensuring all your groups are maintained correctly in Tourplan IS – our operating system
- Preparation and participation in site inspections and Fam trips
- Some overtime evening and weekends will be necessary
- 3rd level qualification in Tourism
- Must be a native English and German Speaker
- Excellent Computer literacy - Proficiency in MS Office especially PowerPoint and Excel
- Previous experience working in a DMC or similar environment advantageous
- Full drivers licence is an advantage
- Flexibility to travel within Ireland and outside if required
- Excellent knowledge of Ireland as a tourist destination
- You must have a friendly personality, be a pleasure to deal with, quick learner, good communicator, team spirit, professional, focused & result orientated, initiative, attention to detail, financially aware and fluent written and orally in English & German.
Irish Horizons is a great place to work:
Join us to become part of one of the most respected companies in the MICE sector. Applying best international practices, Irish Horizons offers:
- A competitive salary package and a progressive bonus scheme
- Excellent work environment in a modern office based in Sandyford, close to the Luas, bus routes and M50 (Luas Tax Saver Ticket Scheme in place)
- Flexible working hours, time off in lieu for working onsite at events, mileage & travel expenses
- An active social scene involving team outings, activities & social evenings
- Potential for career development within the company across a variety of departments in Dublin, London, Copenhagen & San Francisco
- The opportunity to participate in a variety of industry networks and associations
- Ongoing training investment in the individual to help them reach optimum personal outcomes in their job and in the company
- Friends & family hotel discounts
- A diverse workplace with co-workers from a variety of nationalities and professional backgrounds
Please apply online with answers to the questions below.
All CVs received will be treated in the strictest confidence