The Human Resources Generalist guides and manages the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies and programs for the entire company (approx. 140 employees)
The position reports into the General Manager of Dublin and has one direct report.
Main duties and Responsibility:
- Realizing and executing all Human Resources activities according to the rules and procedures as established by Irish law and HMSHost.
- Responsible of recruitment and staff related issues.
- Overseeing the induction and on-boarding of new staff
Coordinating internal/external training courses, education advising employees in this respect. Arranging and providing training courses in consultation and according to business needs (such as brand training, induction training, hospitality work related, communication skills, health and safety, on the job training)
- Conducting training, security access audits
- Preparation of contracts and termination of employment contract
- Preparing payroll and payroll compliance
- Responsible for the upkeeping of employee records in accordance with best practice and company policy such as contracts, assessment forms, disciplinary sanctions etc.
- Handle and supervise all related work permit procedures at the airport and issue regular reports as required
- Overseeing and supporting the annual Performance management and Development cycle, ensure that the system is up-to -date
- Responsible for various company, employee and community communications
- Employee services and counselling.
- Supporting and advising disciplinary processes and liaising with legal and insurance departments relating to employees
- Supporting operational teams at branches in HR and providing all necessary information, reports to the headquarter as requested
Preparing department budgets
Performing other work related to the above in conjunction with the General Manager for Ireland.
Knowledge and meaningful skills:
• Preferable degree in Human Resources Management and/or with additional trainer courses
• Minimum two years HR experience
• Good proven experience providing and coordinating training to staff preferable in the hospitality industry
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Excellent communication, organisation, time management and presentation skills
• Integrity and confidentiality
• Fluent in English (written and spoken)
• Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment
• Business and commercial acumen