Our client is looking for a Director of Meetings and Conference to oversee all functions of the Conference/Conventions Services Department. Ensure that all conferences, meetings and group activities are coordinated and managed within client expectations. Upsell client events and manage function space and room block inventory to maximise hotel profit. Ensure hotel and client fulfil group contractual commitments.
Our clients Hotels & Resorts want to ensure their guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
- Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
- Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
- Making each customers moments memorable
Duties and Responsibilities of the Director of Meetings and Conference:
- Complete forecasts, plans, and productivity reports for management.
- Negotiate food and beverage prices, function space, and hotel services within approved departmental booking guidelines.
- Direct day-to-day conference/convention activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching, and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans. Monitor budget and upsell products and services while minimising waste to increase revenue.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Ensure appropriate staffing levels based on guest volume. Interact with outside contacts: Guests, Vendors, and other contacts as needed.
- Provide guests with information (example: loyalty programmes, area attractions, restaurants, facility information) to enhance guest experience & Conduct banquet and catering facility tours and entertain clients to enhance the guest’s meeting/banquet experience.
- Arrange all details of meetings and conventions to include room set-ups, staging, lighting, audiovisual, traffic flow, menus, décor, entertainment, group room blocks, and VIP services.
This is the top meeting and conference position for a full service luxury, resort & major flagship hotel with high volume catering, banquet, and convention facilities. This job is responsible for the coordination and servicing of hotel's convention and/or conference space. May manage both professional level and administrative support employees.
Qualifications and Education Required for Director of Meeting and Conference:
Bachelor's Degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in hospitality or related field, and 3+ years’ total experience in a catering setting or related field, with direct supervisory experience over a sales/catering team, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Must speak local language(s).
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.