CON.SID.ER.ED Café - Kitchen Assistant
Dunnes Stores is Ireland's leading retailer positioned at the cutting edge of food and fashion retailing. We have over 152 stores in Ireland, the UK and Spain and are expanding our service and product offer all the time.
Considered is a homewares & lifestyle brand, brought to Dunnes Stores in 2014 by Irish designer Helen James. Considered Café is a brand experience; a small café located on Drury Street in Dublin 2 where customers can enjoy quality food and coffee in a serene, easy going atmosphere.
At Considered, our food is prepared freshly everyday by the kitchen team and we are looking to add to this by recruiting an experienced Kitchen Assistant who is enthusiastic and self-motivated to provide an excellent level of service with attention to detail.
The successful candidate should have the ability to cook from scratch and follow agreed recipes. Previous experience in food preparation is essential and an interest in current food trends with a flair for food production / presentation is preferable.
The Kitchen Assistant will have the following responsibilities:
- Assist with food preparation and cooking in both pastry and savoury sections.
- Work as part of the team with the Café management and staff to provide the highest standard of food preparation, quality and presentation.
- To follow the HACCP programme for the kitchen, to ensure standards remain in line with hygiene and quality regulations.
- To carry out regular and systematic cleaning and maintenance of the equipment in the kitchen and front of house.
- To provide a fast, friendly and efficient service.
- At least 1 years' previous experience in a similar environment, preferably a restaurant / café.
- Have the ability to follow pre-determined recipes and take instruction from management.
- Experienced and trained on HACCP
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a good level of English.
- Organised, excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Flexible with the ability to work on own initiative as well as working as part of the team.
Interested? Then apply now and see what difference you could make
Dunnes Stores is an Equal Opportunities Employer.