The role of Transport Supervisor is to manage the day to day activities of a busy, fast moving and complex transport/distribution operation.
Are you a team player with excellent communication skillls and possess the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients.
2 Positions -Dublin South-west (D24) and Dublin North
- Ensure compliance & safety to be a primary focus in the delivery of both customer and departmental expectations.
- Ensure continuous compliance to all transport regulations, including Tachographs, driver’s hours, vehicle condition and SOP’s.
- Development of the transport driver team to deliver on-going better service
- Ensure fleet and overall driver transport are working within legislative guidelines
- Review driver performance using appropriate IT systems.
- Liaise with drivers and 3rd party carriers on transport related queries.
- Ensure timely dispatch of loads.
- Assume full ownership and accountability for your areas of responsibility.
- Transport planning/scheduling.
- Support operations to ensure the departmental and company KPI’s are achieved. Develop and maintain strong communication links with Transport Department and customers Deal with issues/requests on a timely basis
Required skills, knowledge and experience:
- Operational experience working in the area of transport/logistics/warehousing.
- Excellent people management
- Possess strong communication, presentation and reporting skills.
- Excellent IT skills including MS Office, MS Excel in particular.
- Experience of WMS/TMS IT Systems.
- Route planning experience.
- Transport/Logistics Qualification is desirable, but not essential.
- A desire to develop on a personal and professional level within the department and company.
Interested ...Please contact Nichola O Brien on 6704488 or email your cv now