Keywords are an international technical service provider to the global Video Game Industry with offices in Dublin, Tokyo, Seattle, Montreal, Singapore and Rome. Working on a worldwide basis, we provide a range of linguistic, testing, art, audio and quality control services to Video Game Developers and Publishers.
The Linguist Specialist position will be based at our Dublin Office. You will join a team of 300+ highly dedicated professionals providing world class language services and testing to the video games industry internationally. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team focusing on Games translation. We are passionate about providing high quality translations to our clients. You will be part of that, translating for a world renowned mobile and social games title.
- 2+ Years’ experience as an in-house linguist or freelancer.
- Native level of language speaker.
- Linguistics background: Educational qualification in linguistics.
- A gamer: Passion for the video game industry. Solid experience playing RPG, MMO, social & casual games.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in Dutch or Russian and English.
- Must be self-motivated and able to operate in a dynamic and fast-paced gaming environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Used to working with different cultures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Translate and review Game texts to Dutch or Russian with high-quality standard.
- Work closely with Team and Project Managers to ensure projects are delivered on time and meet linguistic quality standards set by Client.
- Be responsible for all linguistic aspects of the translations you are assigned to ensure the best possible quality is delivered to Keywords’ client.
- Suggest process improvements that will help achieve a goal of optimal translation quality.
- Our employees are our most valuable resource; therefore we provide them with a competitive compensation package commensurate with skills and experience, excellent benefits, high level of job satisfaction and a casual and fun work environment.
Keywords International is dedicated to following a well-established Equal Opportunities Policy. We endeavour to create a workplace which provides for equal opportunities for all employees and potential employees