Hills Fine Art & Craft (Hills Art) is a dynamic company that distributes art and craft materials to retail outlets, through account management and online sales mediums. We were founded in 1981 and are well established and recognised as the leading B2B distributor of fine art and craft materials in Ireland (ROI and NI). We have exclusive agencies with over 30 leading brands, from which we purchase an extensive range of 9,000 products for supply to retail outlets.
We employ 20+ staff from our premises at Baldonnell Business Park, Dublin 22 and a vacancy has occurred in our Purchasing Team.
Reporting to the purchasing manager and working in close collaboration with the other members of the purchasing team and the digital marketing team, the purchasing coordinator is responsible for the full purchasing cycle for assigned brands. This involves:
- Product selection to ensure the right range and quantity of products
- Sourcing regular brand / product related news content
- Ensuring product information is correctly presented in online and print sales mediums
- Identifying products for promotion campaigns
- Managing the introduction of new products
- Assisting at supplier meetings, and
- Providing support to sales and customer services colleagues relating to assigned brands
As we are a small team, flexibility in relation to working outside of the job description will be required.
There may be some very occasional travel to the UK and Europe to attend at trade fairs / supplier meetings (potentially one to two trips per year).
The ideal candidate will:
- Be highly proficient in the use of a range of IT systems, including advanced use of Excel
- Be highly organised and have an ability to handle multiple tasks
- Be detail / accuracy focused
- Possess the ability to apply an analytic approach to the purchasing decision making process
- Have a fine tuned commercial focus
- Be confident dealing with suppliers, and
- Work well both independently and as part of a busy office team.
Prior knowledge of art material products is an advantage.