At EnerNOC Dublin we have spent the last year building the world’s largest virtual power station managing 6.5GW of Demand Response Globally in our 24/7/365 Network Operations Centre. Demand Response gives electricity consumers the opportunity to play a significant role in the stability of an electrical grid. During peak periods of electricity usage when electricity prices are high and the grid becomes strained, EnerNOC can ask its clients involved in the demand response program to reduce electricity use in their business in order to reduce system power demand. In return the Transmission System Operator will pay EnerNOC for reducing demand and in turn EnerNOC will pay its clients for taking part in the event.
The work carried out by an associate RTO will be to manage these energy reduction processes in 11 different countries worldwide. At the same time developing operational protocols for these events using multiple computer based programs and tackling these high stress, time critical situations in a clam and effective manner. You will become an expert in executing dispatches by the grid and will develop a deep understanding of the issues surrounding grid constraints, load curtailment and emergency backup generation. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in the energy industry and clean tech. This is a unique role requiring team players with very high accuracy and attention to detail.
- Execute Demand Response Dispatches.
- Monitor Market conditions and prices.
- Maintain pool integrity by adjusting bids, availability to reflect current situation.
- Training. Following training schedule, self-training and training colleagues.
- Manage process documentation, shift logs and communications with customers and TSO’s.
- Support management in the cross functional implementations of new programs.
- Analyse and report on customer and system data.
- Fluent German and English essential.
- Understanding that you will be doing shift work.
- Strong computer skills. Your dispatches could be on multiple platforms with source information in multiple systems.
- Healthy and Dependable – Completion of a physical will be required for this role (HSA requirement to allow for out of hours working)
- Ambitious and willing to learn quickly.
- Good organisational skills.
- Highly motivated and independent individual that can fully understand their environment and make decisions independently.
- Experience working in a professional environment for a minimum of 3 years.
Additional ‘Related Sectors’ Tags
Computer Programming, IT, Decision Making, Marketing, Multi-lingual, Energy / Renewable Energy, Engineering.
Addition of EnerNOC video