An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented head chef to take charge of a busy Kildare restaurant. The business has a strong lunch and evening trade and is especially busy on Sundays. The position has opened up due to the retirement of the current owner/head chef. A very attractive base salary and generous incentives are on offer for the right candidate.
This is a position for a proven head chef with exceptional management skills, an in-depth understanding of the latest food trends and a clear vision of how to grow the business over the medium to long term (without compromising the existing customer base). Working in tandem with the FOH manager the candidate will be expected to be able to actively contribute to developing a 3-year business plan.
The candidate should be able to clearly demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- A proven track record of being able to work autonomously.
- The ability to design a fully costed menu that embraces the latest innovations and trends within the restaurant industry.
- Familiarity with the use of PC's (The candidate will be expected to be able to produce their own recipe cards, compile reports and produce budgets).
- A clear vision of where they see both themselves and our business within the industry. In particular, the candidate will be expected to be able to produce a sample menu for the business after the initial interview.
- A stellar employment record, including references from recent employers.
- An approachable disposition and clear communication style. The ability to train the entire kitchen brigade to a defined standard
- Prior experience in training and imparting knowledge.
This position is only for suitable with a chef who has the ambition and skills to further both their own reputation and our position within the industry. We are looking for a chef with a relentless drive and a clear vision of what it takes to succeed.
Any chefs looking for an easy gig would be well advised to look elsewhere. Those looking to further their careers and make a name for themselves will be well rewarded and provided with the resources needed to do so.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Ireland and have fluent spoken and written English.
Only successful applicants will be contacted for first round interviews.