Abbey Conference & Events Division,
City Gate, 6 Bridge Street Lower, Dublin 8
Tel: +353 1 648 6100; Fax: +353 1 648 6109
Headquartered in the heart of historic Dublin, the Abbey Group is one of Ireland’s longest established and best known Incoming Tours Operators. The Group was founded in 1978 when Abbey Ireland was launched. Today, the group consists of Abbey Ireland & UK, Abbey Conference and Events and Moloney & Kelly Ireland & UK with offices in Dublin, Edinburgh and London.
With over 140 permanent staff and with overseas representatives in ten key markets, the Abbey Group is recognised as the market leader within our sector.
The Group has four divisions specialising in specific types of inbound tourism
* Group Tours
* Individual & Online Travel
* Incentive & Luxury leisure travel
* Association Conferences & Events
TITLE OF VACANCY
Conference Project Manager, Abbey Conference & Events Division (Fixed term contract to 31 Oct 2018)
This appointment is for a Project Manager to run a major event in August 2018. The ideal candidate will assume the full project management of the Event from commencement to completion and wrap-up. This will include overall management of the event, including relationship management, budgeting, staff, operations and financial management
Note: this is a Fixed Term Contract to run from immediate appointment to 31 October 2018.
- Accommodation management / Venue management / Supplier management
- Online registration management
- AV and catering co-ordination
- Website set up and maintenance
- Transport & travel management
- Social Programme creation and its co-ordination
- Budget management
- Manage funding / sponsorship / exhibition activities
- Attend supplier meetings
- Client relationship management - Be the key company contact with the Local organising Committee (LOC) and attend all LOC meetings.
- Onsite management - be the company’s key representative on site during the operation of the conference or event.
- Complete financial and credit control over the event
- Assist with the supervision of staff allocated to the event
- Full management of the Company’s Event management system as it relates to this Event
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time by your manager or Director (this could be in another Department within Abbey Ireland).
- Experience in a similar role/ company essential for this position
- Ability to meet agreed time paths / deadlines
- Motivated self-starter with a passion for client care plus a commitment to delivering services to the highest level
- Good team player
- Strong technical/computer abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to travel – mainly within Ireland but also possibly to overseas locations
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3rd level or relevant experience
- Very good knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with conference software a distinct advantage i.e. Events Air
LOCATION: Dublin 8
SALARY: Negotiable depending on experience
REPORTING TO: Manager, Conference Department