McHale is an export driven manufacturer of agricultural baling and wrapping machinery, located in Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo. McHale products can be seen working in 48 countries. McHale is looking to recruit an IT Support Assistant. The successful Candidate will need to be available to work flexible hours. The successful candidate will work in a fast-paced, driven team environment
- Assist the IT manager in the delivery of user IT support throughout the company
- Help ensuring computer hardware and software is updated and maintained properly
- Install and maintain a variety of peripherals
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical problems
- Assist with the preparation of technical manuals and IT documentation
- Assist users in handling and learning desktop applications
- Assist in the maintenance and development of networks
- Create network and user accounts for staff and provide them with login information
- Other associated tasks as required.
- The candidate should be familiar with the operation of Windows Active Directory domains
- Should be well versed in the process of troubleshooting Windows endpoints
- Should have a good understanding of standard Microsoft client software and be able to pass on knowledge to users as required
- Must be able to quickly learn new company-specific software in order to be able to support users.
Previous career experience:
- Graduates will be considered, 1-2 years’ or more experience preferred
- Relevant third level IT qualification
- Must be able to work well and communicate effectively with users of a broad range of computer competency levels
- Must be flexible with regard to working hours and understand that many IT projects can only be implemented out of hours during company down-time.
- Must be willing and enthusiastic and should have an enduring personal interest in technology and computing