Global Logistics lead required by leading Cork based Biopharma site to be responsible for delivering product on time, in full and in compliance with applicable regulations.
An excellent opportunity has arisen with our Biopharma client in Cork for a Global Logistics Team Leader to be an integral member of the CMO & Supply team with specific responsibility for external operations, ensuring efficient and effective execution of the organisations commercial Logistics operation delivering world class customer service at optimal cost. This role is responsible for delivering product on time, in full and in compliance with applicable regulations.
The Global Logistics Team Leader is responsible for leading and managing the performance of a team of Global Logistics Planners who manage intercompany drug substance and drug product moves and finished goods order placement through to final delivery to the customer. This position supports the planning and distribution of the organisations Pharmaceutical products to and from third party manufacturing, packaging, and distribution facilities globally.
- Management of customer demand in conjunction with Customer Service with the objective of ensuring 100% order fulfilment while working to tight timelines
- Ownership and accountability for the day-to-day planning, execution activities and order-to-cash activities related to temperature controlled shipping and delivery between contract manufacturing operations, packaging sites, distribution centres and customers
- Team leadership including development, coaching and ongoing performance management of team members
- Ensuring key performance indicators are utilized to measure and improved upon critical aspects of the operation
- Driving business solutions and continuous improvement initiatives which will add value to the Logistics function and the wider Supply Chain
- Establishment and maintenance of standardized distribution practices, processes, systems and related requirements for the Logistics team, 3PL partners and carriers
Development and maintenance of internal and external relationships through effective communication
- Management of transport temperature monitoring data collection and deviation and CAPA management
- Inventory management and reconciliation at 3PLs including identification of risk, obsolescence management and reservations
- Work with Global Trade Compliance to ensure logistics activities are executed and documentation completed in a compliant manner
- Develop and maintain an audit readiness program
- Work with Distribution Compliance to ensure that products are distributed per GDP guidelines
- Support the Logistics aspect of the Order to Cash process
- Support budget development and adherence
- Support New Product launch projects
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Operations Management, or similar required
- Minimum of 6 years' experience in an international logistics environment
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in leading teams
- Experience in a GxP pharmaceutical or biotech area highly desirable
- Pharmaceutical/biotech distribution experience highly desirable
- Cold Chain experience beneficial
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.