Meridian Global Services is an International Financial Services Company providing a range of International VAT compliance and consulting services to clients worldwide. With over 400 employees operating in all major countries, Meridian has grown into a global leader in international VAT advisory services and end-to-end expense management solutions.
Tax Trainee Role
Due to the expansion of our business, we are now seeking to recruit a graduate as international Indirect Tax (VAT) Trainees. This position is suited to an individual who is interested in pursuing a career in indirect tax.
Overview of Role
As an indirect tax trainee you will be on a career path that will see you progress to working with your own portfolio of international corporate clients, ultimately becoming a professional in your field. The company will provide you with the relevant coaching, skills, training and support for your career development. Your duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Develop an in-depth knowledge and understanding of EU VAT legislation and its application across multiple member states
- Provide VAT consulting advice and practical assistance to clients on a wide variety of international VAT issues
- Provide technical advice when dealing with international VAT registrations and compliance issues
- Research and interpret EU legislation.
- Prepare advice to clients
- Manage and monitor changes in EU VAT laws/regulations
Skills & Experience
- Fluent (written & spoken) English
- 3rd Level Qualification; Business, Finance/Accounting, Law
- Ambitious and want to pursue a career in VAT / Indirect Tax
- Responsible and commercially aware – build a successful career in business
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities. Ability to deliver and implement solutions
- Ability to work independently and own initiative
- Ability to develop skills to manage multiple client relationships
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal, organisational and communication skills essential
- Excellent computer skills, Excel and Word