Our business has grown substantially in the past six years particularly in the opening of a number of new retail stores and House of Ireland is now embarking on a significant investment in its e-commerce operations.
We are currently looking for a Merchandise Planner to support our senior management, our buyers and our retail stores.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who is likely to have strong numeracy, analytical and problem solving skills. An interest in fashion, jewellery and giftware would be beneficial but is not a prerequisite.
- Extract and analyse sales and stocktakes by branch/category/supplier/brand
- Present best seller reports, category sales reports
- Identify stock-outs and opportunities to fill gaps in product/brands by retail store and for House of Ireland's website
- Replenish stocks weekly for categories/suppliers by placing orders with suppliers
- Work with store personnel and suppliers to ensure timely re-ordering.
- Assess retail sales and retail fashion trends
- Assist buyers with the merchandise planning, future buying at trade fairs, seasonal buying, category and range planning
- Ensure accuracy of product pricing and update product pricing as required
- Maintain product and pricing database through the Retail POS and related retail databases
- Carry out general related administrative duties as required
Skills and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree within a related business or analytical based background plus minimum of two years related work experience, preferably in the retail industry.
- Strong analytical, numeracy and problem solving skills with an ability to analyse data, summarise trends, conclusions, solutions etc and present this information to senior management
- Intermediate to advanced skills in excel
- Knowledge of pivot table analysis and MS Access would be beneficial
- Strong communication skills to interface with senior management and staff, suppliers, and customers
- Ability to learn new computer systems e.g. Retail Point of Sale systems, Pivot tables, Access
- Fluent English and outgoing personality, highly motivated, showing enthusiasm and initiative, a "team" player. Discrete, confidential and reliable. Excellent planning and organisation skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment
How to Apply:
- Apply below with current CV, cover letter and ensure all questions are answered.
- Please ensure CV formatted only in MS Word, pdf, or rtf.
- Please take time to express in your cover email why you may be appropriate for this position - this will be an important part of the review & selection process
- You must be eligible to work in Ireland
- Ensure your email and telephone number (including mobile) are included with your application
NO AGENCY ENQUIRIES OR APPLICATIONS PLEASE