Role: Assistant Food Buyer
Salary: 40K with increments to 48.5K over 5 years.
Hours of Work: 8am to 4.30pm (Mon-Fri)
One of Ireland's largest retailers are currently recruiting for an Assistant Food Buyer to join their Head Office Team. You will be joining a successful team of 25 and you will be joining an expanding organisation. Their aim is to deliver good quality products at competitive prices and consistently developing new product offerings. The buying team is a key element to their continued success.
- Manage your weekly price position.
- Work with category planning team to conduct range reviews, decide on optimum ranges for the business and planograms
- Ensure that all products are monitored regularly & sell off plan is in place for slow moving lines on a continuous basis.
- Work with the Buying team to develop short and long term plans for your buying categories.
- Assist in the planning and delivery of budgeted sales and margin for your buying categories.
- Identify new market trends and implement actions to capitalise on those trends.
- Manage the range assortment to ensure the product offering is ahead of the market.
- Develop strong business relationships with the existing supply base and source new suppliers.
- Plan and negotiate strong promotional activity for your categories to attract new customers & build categories.
- Work with other business functions such as logistics, space planning and marketing to ensure your category plans are delivered to shelf.
- Ensure that the product and price file is continuously and accurately maintained.
- Ensure Right First Time with all admin including promotional offers and flyers.
- Work with the supply chain team and the supplier base to ensure availability products to customers.
- Ensure that the inbound service levels are on target
- Ensure that all products are monitored regularly & sell off plan is in place for slow moving lines on a continuous
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated, able to work independently within a high pressured environment
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- A naturally analytical mind-set
- Excellent standard of numeracy
- The ability to make important decisions and cope with the pressure of demanding targets and tight deadlines
- Highly computer literate
- A high degree of adaptability
- Impeccable attention to detail
- A genuine interest in food and grocery
This is a great opportunity; you will be joining one of the leading businesses in retail. Working alongside professional and dedicated buying directors with a real passion for their roles.
If you are interested in this role please call Emily Mason via the link attached.