Job Title: Production Operation Director
Report to: Senior VP
Location: Dundalk, Co Louth
Overview of Role:
The Operations Director is a dynamic individual and plays an integral role in driving and supporting our business goals and objectives for profitable and sustainable growth. You will drive performance and deploy continuous improvement framework to achieve or exceed financial plans, employee engagement and strategic goals as well as leverage resources and motivate personnel to create high performance culture. The person in this role will be actively engaged in the growth strategy including new technology development, facility expansions and upgrades, as well as the planning development and implementation of new projects.
What you will do:
- Lead the day-to-day production activities to ensure that current commitments are achieved while improvements are being made. Champion Lean Manufacturing initiatives to increase overall manufacturing efficiencies at the lowest cost possible
- Supervise, coach and mentor managers, team leaders and staff on an on-going basis
- Develop and maintain an effective manufacturing organisation through selection, training development and motivation of the team
- Drive initiatives in the management team and organisationally that contribute to long-term operational excellence and business results
- Lead programmes of Continuous Improvement in terms of Quality, Production, Service, Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Coordinates plant initiatives, leading teams in order to drive best practices across organisation
- Improve the operation systems, processes and policies specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organisation planning.
- Play a significant role in the long term planning, including initiatives geared toward operational excellence
- Develop annual operations plan.
- Develops budgets and resource plans and monitors performance to achieve product delivery and cost requirements
- Direct and safeguard customer satisfaction at all times
- Maintain a 'Business Continuity and Succession Plan' for area of responsibility
- Deliver on company K.P.I's / SMART Goals and achieve defined business and R.O.I. results
- Contribute to short and long-term organisational planning and strategy as a member of the team of Directors
- Support new process and product development and implementation
- Stay abreast of the latest manufacturing technologies and implement as appropriate
- Lead and drive improvements in the following departments: Production, Engineering, Order Management, Inventory Management, Purchasing and Supply Planning
What we need from you:
- Qualification to degree standard in a relevant discipline is required
- 10 years plus experience in a senior operational management with strong emphasis on process improvement
- 10 years plus experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proven track record at delivering results at a senior level in Project Management / Processes / Manufacturing / Systems / Quality / Planning / Supply Chain
- Demonstrated understanding of Lean Manufacturing concepts with proven implementation/integration of Lean principles and techniques in manufacturing environment
- Effective at leading and facilitating change; balances consistency with flexibility and wiling to change ideas in the face of new information. Strong leadership and people engagement skills' leads by example and manages using leadership effectiveness
- Must exhibit a high level of enthusiasm, with a "hands-on style" and a strong work ethic with the capability to adapt to the rapidly changing environment of the fast paced organisation
- Proven ability to lead a team to improve performance in a dynamic environment
- Team player who can communicate with and relate to all people at all levels within the organisation
- Ability to think "outside the box" and grasp new concepts quickly. Must have the knowledge as well as the instinct to effectively build improvements into the organisation.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both the strategic and functional level is critical
- Strong financial and commercial acumen with proven record of developing and managing budgets
- Excellent organisational skills, along with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Support Sales and Marketing to implement improvement initiatives to grow EBITDA performance
About National Pen
At National Pen we strive to be the worldwide leader in providing high value promotional products for businesses and professionals by providing expert knowledge and effective promotional products.
With a workforce from over 30 different countries with 18 working languages, we provide a very diverse and multi-cultural environment with on-going training to provide you with the tools to be successful.