- Managing floor staff & ensuring full stock availability & strong focus on customer service.
- Responsibility for stock ordering, planograms, promotional set up, opening and closing of store as scheduled by the store manager.
- Responsible for stock rotation & health & safety across the shop floor.
- Working with fresh food dept managers to ensure highest standards across store.
- Ensure orders are done within set time frame & as accurately as possible.
- Training new shop assistants and managing floor staff and delegating tasks.
- Ensuring cash & till procedures are followed as per company guidelines when opening & closing of the store.
- Experience and Qualifications:
- Previous experience in a trainee/assistant Manager position in large grocery store.
- Strong grocery & fresh food experience
- Advanced Excel & MS Office capability.
- High levels of attention to detail.
- Able to work on own initiative & take responsibility.
- Excellent Organisational Skills / Good Time Management & ability to plan own time.
- Strong Communicator / Good Listener - Exceptional interpersonal skills both verbal and written.
- Self Starter,highly motivated & extremely passionate about progressing your career in the retail industry.