Carton House is managed and staffed by some of the most professional, productive and committed individuals found within the food and beverage industry. Our standards are award-winning and we are constantly investing in talented individuals who share our ambition and relish the opportunity to be part of such a successful four-star hotel.
Carton House are currently recruiting for talented chefs to join our award-winning team for the following roles:
- Commis Chef
- Pastry Commis Chef
- Chef de Partie
- Pastry Chef de Partie
- Junior Sous Chef
The successful candidates will be standards driven and detail-orientated and will be someone with:
- experience in a luxury Hotel background (distinct advantage).
- talent, creativity and a genuine passion for food.
- previous experience in a similar position.
- detailed knowledge of HACCP
- excellent self-presentation
- a good command of the English Language
- flexiblity with regards to hours
- the ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment
- The relevant professional qualification
- A proven track record providing a consistently high standard of customer service. The successful candidate must be courteous and focused on upholding exceptional standards of service to our customers.
You will be preparing and presenting high quality dishes and maximising hotel customer satisfaction and profitability through Food and Beverage service.
- Contribute to the production of food items in accordance with instructions from the Sous Chef and/or the Head Chef.
- Be knowledgeable of the day's business, i.e. know what reservations are booked in to the F&B outlets, be aware of outside events that will impact directly on business, etc.
- Be familiar with the menu and with any "specials" of the day.
- Ensure all dishes are prepared in a timely fashion.
- Ensure all dishes leaving the kitchen are prepared to the approved standard of presentation.
- Avoid unnecessary wastage, to observe proper portion planning and control and to act in a cost effective, responsible manner.
- Ensure excellent food hygiene practice is observed in the entire food chain from storage through to preparation and service.
- Ensure HACCP compliance within the kitchen and all Food & Beverage outlets.
- Ensure the kitchen equipment is in working order; report any maintenance issues to your supervisor.
Carton House Luxury Hotel and Golf Resort is one of Ireland’s finest stately homes and leading Golf Resorts in Ireland.
The 165 bedroom property boasts two championship golf courses, a pampering spa, awarding winning dining outlets with private secluded grounds that offer training facilities to International sports athletes.
- All employees have access to discounts in the restaurant and on Darphin Spa treatments and products.
- Free use of leisure centre facilities during of peak times
- Carton employees can avail of team rates and access to friends and family rates.
- We have a very successful awards and recognition scheme where teams are rewarded for great performance.
- Meals on duty.
- Uniform supplied.
- Free parking
If you have the relevant qualifications and experience and wish to apply for this role, please forward your CV and Cover Letter to the address below.
In order to be considered further, please respond to all of the questions below.