Key Responsibilities / Specific Duties
- To instruct and teach programmed sports, gym, studio classes and outdoor sports as rostered by the centre management.
- Qualified to teach a variety of classes (i.e. Spinning, Kettlebells, TRX etc.)
- To foster and actively promote a ‘can do’ culture and attitude, which consists: a positive team spirit, delivery of targets and customer focused service delivery.
- To demonstrate proactive positive communication for the benefit of the staff team and customers.
- To be involved in regular Team Meetings with staff as well as management in order to ensure effective communication.
- To demonstrate the utmost regard for customer services in all dealings with internal & external customers, and provide a positive image of the Leisure Facilities and DLR Leisure.
- To actively assist the Centre in continuous improvement and development of performance and quality.
- To ensure that the building is presented in an excellent condition and the quality of cleanliness is of the highest standard at all times.
- To be responsible day-to-day for ensuring the Leisure Facilities compliance with health and safety and that they comply with all the recognised advice, guidance and directives.
- To attend the Centre, when required to cover additional shifts due to absences etc.
- To attend staff training as and when deemed necessary from your line manager.
- To cover as a knowledgeable employee all aspects of the business when required e.g. reception, gym, outdoor pitches (café, playroom - Loughlinstown only and pools in 3 facilities) etc.
In addition the jobholder will be required to
- Comply with and promote DLR Leisure Equal Opportunities Policy.
- Comply with all policies and procedures which are contained in the Employee Handbook.
- Comply with the Code of Conduct and other relevant policy, procedures and legislation.
- Comply with and / or ensure compliance with DLR Leisure Data Protection Policies and the Data protection Act and other relevant legislation.
- Comply with DLR Leisure Safety Policy and other safety procedures and guidelines are deemed part of this job description. Employees must look after their own health, safety and welfare and be mindful of other persons who may be affected by their acts. Employees must co-operate and comply with management instructions regarding Health and Safety issues and report all accidents, incidents and problems as soon as practicable to their supervisor, manager or other senior members of staff available.
- Previous Leisure Instructor experience in the leisure industry is required.
- A full clean driving licence free from endorsements would be beneficial.
- Gym Instructor/Personal Training
- Swim Teacher is an advantage
- Fitness Classes desirable (e.g. Spinning, Pilates, TRX, Kettlebells)
- First Aid desirable (Basic or Occupational)
Interested candidates should submit a detailed curriculum vitae and a covering letter below. All applicants are requested to outline in bullet point format on their Curriculum Vitae the practical fitness class qualifications they currently hold
The closing date for receipt of applications is Tuesday 17th January 2017.