Job Description : Senior Credit Controller
Based in : Parkmore, Galway
Reports to: Operations Director
The job holder will have overall responsibility for risk analysis, assessing credit worthiness and minimising bad debts to ensure contract compliance within the Oil Distribution side of the business.
The role is key to maintaining effective management of risk and credit control within the business. The job holder will need to have a tenacious attitude with both bad debt customers and managers so as credit control policies and procedures are strictly adhered to. The job holder must be pro active in taking the lead with regards to securing timely payment of accounts thus reducing bad debts. Relationship building with senior managers, managers and legal advisors is vital to the success of the role. The job holder will need to organised and systematic in their approach to work as well as developing a team of people responsible for credit control within the company.
- To develop and enhance the risk management framework.
- To develop a robust risk management policy with agreed tolerances.
- To develop and enhance risk management reporting criteria and monitor and report on performance to the senior management teamTo design and deliver ongoing training programmes to enhance the awareness of risk.
- To be fully involved, from a risk perspective, in any initiatives that are already ongoing.
- Setting up and reference checking new customer accounts.
- Provide advice and guidance to managers on whether to withdraw or award credit facilities.
- Implement agreed credit limits.
- Deal with all credit insurance issues including levels of cover, claims etc
- Responsible for top 100 debtor accounts within the Oil Distribution side of the business.
- Liaise with and manage the credit control department within the company to ensure credit control systems and procedures are working effectively.
- Work alongside the Sales Reps to support and assist in the collection of bad debts.
- Meet the required credit control targets as agreed and provide regular update on progress.
- Provide advice and guidance to managers on handling cases where legal action may be necessary and provide information to and liaise with solicitors as appropriate.
- Send relevant letters to customers.
- Ongoing system improvements to streamline credit control department.
- Direct responsibility for agreed key debtor accounts.
- 5 plus years risk management experience
- Recognised risk management/credit control or financial qualifications desirable.
- Ability to develop strong business partnerships.
- Complaint handling skills and ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Results driven and ability to work in a target driving environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers to achieve desired results
- Able to work with and as part of a team including senior managers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Offices and other IT packages to use in an effective manner for the role.
- Ability to understand and interpret legal aspects of risk management and credit control.
- Able to meet strict deadlines.