We currently have an attractive opportunity for an experienced Demand Planner to join an exciting start-up facility in the North East.
The Demand Planner will carry out Forecasting analysis, Planning, Scheduling and Purchasing services, ensuring the appropriate materials and resources are provided and available in a timely manner.
Additionally, they will identify and implement relevant administration processes that will lead to the increased efficiency and continuous improvement of the overall supply chain function.
- Manage the demand and sales forecasting process - review forecast information/ customer orders, develop detailed production schedules and optimize use of all capacities in each stage of the Supply Chain Process
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results
- Interact with sales to understand demand forecast drivers and to ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts
- Lead the Sales & Operations meetings to review, reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model
- Manage, coordinate and plan all production materials and services for the organisation, ensuring that the supply needs are in time and quality and GMP compliance are met
- Liaise with internal customers to prepare weekly production, purchasing and shipping schedules and ensure that targets are met
- Draw up master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of production to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders
- Monitor production plans/performance weekly and realign to ensure the purchasing strategy fully supports both production and project targets
- Analyse production specifications and plant capacity data and performs to determine manufacturing processes, tools, and human resource requirements
- Monitor inventory levels and report any deviation from plan and implement corrective actions where applicable
- Liaise with the logistics to ensure thorough management, review and execution of purchase requisitions and purchase orders, vendor scheduling, inventory reporting and inventory positioning
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions
- Work closely with production and supply chain to ensure close links result in the needs of the site being met, developing contingency plans where appropriate
- Responsible for meeting budget targets in terms of performance, costs and value add
- Measurement of product profitability and leading cost reduction project
- Development and reporting of KPI’s for continuous improvement where relevant
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in forecasting/ planning (to include demand and production planning)/scheduling in a manufacturing organisation
- APICS/ CIPM/ IIPMM or relevant materials management qualification an advantage
- Demonstrable experience of a manufacturing purchasing function
- Excellent, interpersonal and communication skills are essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the forecast process.
- Ideal candidate will be a subject expert with depth of knowledge of key forecast methodologies and planning tools. Have a very strong commercial and market understanding.
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to deliver in a fast paced, flexible and results focused environment
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Working knowledge of import/export regulations including customs and excise legislation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products and other related software packages
- Knowledge of Movex/inventory management systems a distinct advantage
Contact Kate at Jacksonstone Recruitment on 01 274 4444 for further information regarding this and similar roles quoting jobs.ie as your reference. Established in 1999 we recruit primarily throughout Wicklow, Dublin and Wexford. Jacksonstone Recruitment span a diverse range of clients from SMEs to large multinational corporations in many sectors including Office Staff, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services, Sales & Marketing, Customer Service, Retail, Production & Manufacturing, Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Life Science, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Quality Control, QC Analysts, Biochemist, Temp jobs, Contract vacancies and Permanent roles. Visit our website www.jacksonstone.ie for details of other jobs.