The Silver Restaurant at Newbridge Silverware Visitors Centre are looking for an experienced Floor Manager. The restaurant is located within the Newbridge Silverware Visitor Centre, the award winning Silver Restaurant offers international cuisine based on the best of locally sourced produce. The style is a busy self-service restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea and on occasions hosting evening functions.
Salary negotiable and DOE. Restaurant is open 7 days a week and usual working hours would be 9:00 - 6pm Wed - Sat and 10 – 6pm on Sundays and are subject to change. Please note this is a full time position.
- Being organised and maintaining high levels of detail at all times
- Day to day supervising and directing of floor staff including making staffing decisions such as training, evaluating, disciplining, and scheduling through strong leadership skills.
- Providing high levels of customer service through being flexible, enthusiastic and friendly when liaising with customers.
- Maintaining product quality at all times through ensuring all counters are presented and maintained accordingly.
- Ensuring the smooth running of the restaurant at busy periods and on the arrival of small and large bus tours.
- Ensuring a smooth operation of food between the kitchen and the restaurant.
- Helping in any area of the restaurant when circumstances dictate.
- Checking stock levels and ordering supplies.
- Preparing cash drawers and operating tills
- Be physically present on the restaurant floor.
- Retail/Food experience (5 years).
- Management (2 years).
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Be extremely detail orientated with the ability to plan, organise, prioritise, think clearly under pressure and be a strong multitasker.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to manage the restaurant staff & self service operations independently.
- A high standard of customer service experience.
- Must have experience in working in a high pressured, busy premises and be able to deal with stressful situations.
- Hold strong problem-solver, team-building, leadership & coaching skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive information, complaints & staff grievances.
- Have a strong knowledge of cost control and Food and Beverage procedures
- Health and Safety First Aid, EHO requirements and HACCP enforcement
- Ability to maintain high standards of quality control, hygiene, and health and safety.