Accounts Administrator - Part Time
As Ireland’s largest hotel operator, we successfully operate the Clayton Hotel & Maldron Hotel brands throughout Ireland & the UK, as well as managing a portfolio of Partner Hotels.
We lead through our Dalata values of “Our People, Our Fairness, Our Service and Our Individuality”. As a company we offer unrivalled career and professional development opportunities. If you have the right attitude and energy you will have great opportunities to progress within the group. Our company is a place where you can do great things – individually and as a team. You will have the opportunity to develop your talent, be recognised and rewarded for your commitment and pursue a fulfilling career. We also have a number of unique and recognized training programmes to aid your professional and personal development and pride ourselves on creating an objective, supportive and fair working environment for our employees.
The purpose of the job:
The Accounts administrator is responsible for executing the relevant accounting processes in a timely manner, under the direction and guidance of the Hotel Accountant.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- To assume responsibility for the daily reconciliation of Front Office and Sales Ledger invoices.
- To ensure all Sales Ledger Invoices have proper back up and checked daily
- Issuing all invoices - ensuring all has necessary receipts attached. Mailing statements on a monthly basis.
- To assume responsibility to contact, by letter, phone or e-mail, outstanding accounts to ensure payment due is remitted.
- Liaising with the Hotel Accountant on a weekly basis on outstanding accounts.
- Responsibility for the Weekly Debtors report to be completed and submitted to Central Office.
- To deal with customer queries in a courteous fashion.
- Looking after the accounts payable for approx 100 regular suppliers.
- Minimisation of variances between delivery dockets/receipt notes and invoices.
- Arranging a monthly payment run for creditors.
- Reconciling payments to creditor statements.
- Analysis and allocation of credit notes.
- Daily Reconciliation of cash, credit cards and lodgements.
- Prepare daily/weekly figures i.e. daily covers and daily statistics.
- Ensure adequate communication with all departments on a regular basis in relation to discrepancies in the income audit and assistance in correcting them.
- To deal with daily transactions for the petty cash and ensure that reconciliations are completed on a weekly basis
- Ad hoc projects supporting the finance function.
- To take ownership of, and be dutiful in ensuring that all audit and SOP guidelines and policies are adhered to.
- Assist in the preparation of weekly financial reports.
- To ensure all filing is done in a timely and accurate manner
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in a similiar role
- A focus on achieving high standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Data inputting skills
- Sage and Micropay experience an advantage not essential
The Clayton Hotel Galway is an Equal Opportunities Employer.