The Doyle Collection has an excellent opportunity available for a
Risk Management Assistant
to join our head office team on a Fixed Term 12 Month Contract
Under the supervision and guidance of the Group Risk Manager, the Risk Management Assistant will contribute to all aspects of the administration of the department for the Group.
In particular, the candidate will assist in the research, development and implementation of identified key risk, health and safety projects focused on risk management and compliance.
Responsibilities will also require direct and routine interaction with other operational divisions within the corporate office and the hotels.
- Assist in the planning and execution of identified risk management, health and safety, fire safety and food safety projects that are key to the successful implementation of the medium to long term strategy of the Group Risk Management Department.
- Carrying out research to facilitate this function and reporting on this research to the GRM.
- Assisting in the structuring and implementation of the key projects including being involved in risk assessments and development of training modules.
- Assist with the distribution, collation and review of mandatory food safety supplier HACCP questionnaires (approx 200 approved suppliers)
- Assist the GRM in conducting mandatory supplier food safety audits.
- Assist the GRM with the review and update of property specific safety statements.
- Assist with health and safety training in Dublin hotels and Group Office.
- Assist GRM with conducting gap analysis on current process safety risk assessments and implement agreed action plans to address risks/hazards.
- Update the register of legislation.
- Assist with conducting both generic and site specific risk assessments.
- Assist with review of bi-monthly health & safety and training self assessments completed by the properties.
- Assist with the execution of the H&S and Food Safety Internal Audit Programme.
Profile and Qualifications:
- Minimum of a recognised diploma level qualification in Health & Safety, Food Safety, Environmental Health or Risk Management
- A detailed and forensic knowledge and understanding on an interpretive level of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 and the General Applications Regulations 2007.
- A level of experience/knowledge of Food Safety regulations and HACCP also required.
- Understanding and knowledge of environmental legislation and fire safety legislation.
- Ability to carry out research and produce high quality conclusions and reports based on research.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Excellent command of the English language, particularly with reference to written skills.
- Excellent personal presentation a pre-requisite.
- Ability to work independently and to strict deadlines.
- Ability to take direction.
- Drive, energy and enthusiasm.
- The ability and desire to take initiative where an opportunity presents itself.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- An excellent understanding and experience of MS Office, in particular Excel and Powerpoint.
- Previous hospitality experience also desirable
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, ambitious candidate to join the Group Risk Management Department of a leading international hotel group and further develop their skills and knowledge in this area.
This role will be based in The Doyle Collection Head Office, 156 Pembroke Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
Conditions, Salary, Benefits:
- This role comprises of a 4 Day working week
- Competitive salary
- Meals on Duty
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Recognition Awards
The Doyle Collection is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not require the assistance of recruitment agencies at this time.