We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Meetings & Events Sales Manager to join our team.
Applicants must have at least 2 years’ experience within the Meetings & Events Sales Department of a large 4* hotel and have a working knowledge of the Opera Reservations System or similar.
Some of the main Responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- To maximise conference and banqueting revenue and profit through pro-active selling techniques, diary management and pricing strategy
- To ensure the highest standards of meetings and events business processes are maintained
- To ensure the Meetings & Events Sales Team have the skills and knowledge to carry out their responsibilities
- To manage the availability and co-ordination of the hotel function diary within the strategy of the hotel
- To be actively involved in Revenue & P&L Review Meetings and ensure actions are followed up
- To ensure accuracy of data in all systems
- To ensure that the Meetings & Events Sales team is working in synergy with Reservations and Sales, Finance & Human Resources
- To train and monitor standards in the office to ensure the majority of enquiries are converted
- To be responsible for driving key sales activities through the Sales and Marketing plan
- To have control of the Meetings & Events forecasting and budgeting
- To implement an effective selling strategy and ensure this strategy is adhered to and understood at all levels
- To ensure a succession plan is in place for the department and team members have detailed personal and career development plans
- To ensure team members have the skill set to carry out analysis enabling them to take well calculated decisions based on fact whilst remaining open to new ideas and lateral thinking
- To have good commercial acumen.
- Use a wide range of coaching skills to ensure the team members are aware of their performance and what is being done to develop them further. Set regular business and personal objectives for team and review regularly
Apply in confidence for this role by completing the details below and attaching a current Curriculum Vitae.