Business Support Manager
Leinster - Co Louth
Full Time Permanent
My client has been providing service and experience in the solid fuel trade for many years and are considered the industry leader in both the UK & Ireland. Their core business is the home delivery of a wide range of coal and smokeless fuels, hardwood and softwood logs, and related products such as kindling and firelighters.
To directly support the Managing Director in all aspects of the business, liaising with senior members of the Management team including Financial Controller, Brand Manager, Plant Manager and Area Sales Manager.
To understand the aims and objectives of the Company and assist the Managing Director in aligning the overall strategic direction of the Company, and looking at acquisition opportunities as they may arise.
- To assist in the smooth running of the sales operation up to and including the reviewing review weekly reports submitted by field sales team to ensure adequate attention in priority areas. To make business focused recommendations based on the data supplied along with suggested actions for the MD to implement
- Manage circulation of Monthly Sales reports and year end Projections.
- To hold 1:1 meetings with each member of the field sales team to gather information for preparation of the Monthly Board Report on projected volumes. To update and circulate details of the meetings
- To ensure the necessary focus is maintained by the field sales team on planned customer visits and area coverage in order that business opportunities are maximised. To present suitable challenge to the field sales team members when the focus is not evident
- Continuous Margin Management by Customer and management of Homefire Depots annual promotions
- To work with the MD in pinpointing potential acquisitions and to be an integral part of the team in concluding the negotiations and integrating the business back into Group.
- To co-ordinate the actions required in respect of buying groups and to ensure pertinent information is cascaded within the team. To be the point of contact for Lead Buyers within these groups.
- To manage all communications with the trade, maintaining a national list and advising of company news
- To track and review competitor pricing data, highlighting trends and sharing relevant information with the field based sales team and the management team
- To manage complaints by following a pre-defined process, ensuring acknowledgement and suitable resolution
- To monitor the quality of fuel in conjunction with Laboratory Technicians in the UK and Ireland
- To provide administrative assistance to the Managing Director, in particular preparing high quality presentations on Powerpoint. Managing the diary of the MD
- To quality check presentation content for other team members
- Commercially astute
- A graduate (or similar) in a business or marketing related discipline
- Excellent administration skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and confident telephone manner.
- Excellent organisation and planning skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in all work.
- Highly competent in all areas of Microsoft office in particular Excel and Powerpoint
- Able to work as part of a team and offer support to the Managing Director, Brand Manager and Field Sales team.
- Self-disciplined, with excellent time management skills, and flexibility in order to achieve results.
- Ability to thrive under pressure in a fast moving environment.
- Experience of working in a similar role or displaying potential to progress to a similar role.
- Highly motivated