Irish Welcome Tours is recruiting for a: French Speaking - Group Operations Account Handler to manage some of our key group clients, participating fully in a team which provides a comprehensive professional, administrative service in the area of incoming group tours.
Who we are and what we do
Irish Welcome Tours is one of Ireland's leading Incoming Tour Operators and Destination Management Companies. Now in its 28th year of operation. We offer a full complement of destination management services from FIT programmes - including City Breaks, live 24/7 online booking facilities & Fly-drive tours - Group Tours - both custom and escorted tours - to a dedicated M.I.C.E. department (Irish Horizons) offering full services for conferences, incentives, meetings and events.
Our mission is to profitably provide a quality service which leads to us being the preferred provider of tourist travel and accommodation services in Ireland to the Travel Trade.
The office in Dublin is a modern office with about 60+ employees. It’s very busy, at times it’s pressurized but it’s always good humoured and challenging. Work starts from 8am or 9am. We organise trips for staff during the year so they can get to see Ireland and stay in some of the Hotels we use. We are close to the M50 and a 7 minute walk to the LUAS. We also have an office in the US.
Responsibilities will include:
- Daily communications with overseas Agents and Irish Suppliers to ensure the smooth operation of all Groups
- Responsibility for operating groups in Tourplan IS – a computer package for tour operators
- Drawing up operational itineraries
- The timely preparation of guide and driver documentation and ensuring it gets to them on time by the most cost-efficient method.
- Invoicing and vouchering as required
- Preparation of and willingness to participate in some agent and staff familiarisation trips which may involve some evening and weekend work
Some overtime evening and weekends will be necessary during peak season. Emergency phone cover outside office hours will also be required on a rota basis. Willingness and ability to do this is mandatory.
Fluent written and spoken English and French is essential for this role
Previous experience working in an inbound tour operator advantageous
Good knowledge of Ireland
Excellent communicaton skills
Ability to work under pressure
Friendly personality, a can do attitude and attention to detail and accuracy
Please apply online with answers to the questions below. All CVs received will be treated in the strictest confidence. You must be available to attend for interview in Dublin in January 2017
NO AGENCY ASSISTANCE REQUIRED AT THIS TIME