Position Title: Group Marketing and E-commerce Manager
Reporting to: Head of Sales & Marketing
Location: Burton Court, Burton Hall Drive, Sandyford, Dublin 18
As Ireland’s largest hotel operator, Dalata Hotel Group successfully operate the Clayton Hotel & Maldron Hotel brands throughout the UK & Ireland, as well as managing a portfolio of Partner Hotels, we currently have 41 hotels with over 4,500 employees. We continue to expand rapidly and have announced a number of new hotels under construction to open in 2018.
We are now recruiting for an experienced Marketing professional to join out team at an exciting time of growth and development. The role of Group Marketing & E-Commerce Manager is one of a maternity cover. Following the return of the Group Marketing & E-Commerce Manager from maternity leave, the candidate will then continue in a permanent role as a senior position/role of equal standing within our Group Marketing team reporting directly to the Group Head of Sales & Marketing.
This is an opportunity to join and ambitious and dynamic team in an inspiring and progressive plc where you will have the independence to innovate and make a direct impact on the business.
We lead through our Dalata values of “Our People, Our Fairness, Our Service and Our Individuality”. If you have the right attitude and energy you will have great opportunities to progress within the group. Our company is a place where you can do great things – individually and as a team. You will have the opportunity to develop your talent, be recognised and rewarded for your commitment and pursue a fulfilling career. We also have a number of unique and recognised training programmes to aid your professional and personal development and pride ourselves on creating an objective, supportive and fair working environment for our employees.
If you think this sounds like the team for you please read on for our job opportunity.
Overview of position
- To deliver an agreed marketing strategy and activity plan for the hotel group & individual hotels through all marketing communications, marketing collateral, advertising, promotional activities both online and offline. All activities to be effectively delivered within agreed timeframe and budgets with measurable return on investment on all promotions.
- Employment of creative marketing campaigns targeting all customer types.
- Effective management of group marketing team.
Key Duties & Objectives
- Responsible for managing and delivering the day to day marketing activity for the hotel group in line with agreed marketing strategy to support the delivery of hotel group revenue targets.
- Initiate and execute an agreed marketing plan in conjunction with Head of Sales & Marketing. This should detail the activity to meet agreed company objectives.
- Management of Group Marketing Budget in conjunction with Head of Sales & Marketing.
- Participate in regular hotel review meetings to work with individual hotel teams on marketing activities to achieve necessary results.
- Liaise with online marketing team & web supplier on management and development of online revenues through marketing campaigns, social media & advertising to achieve annual KPI’s and brand web revenues.
- Oversee social media strategy to continue evolving this function as part of online activity.
- Liaise with brand team to manage all promotional & advertising campaigns for the hotel group.
- Key liaison with suppliers on behalf of group marketing.
- Analysis of return of investment for promotional campaigns & intelligence reports for web.
- Analyse customer demographics and purchasing behaviour to monitor trends and adapt marketing activity to future sales potential.
- Management of customer data to effectively utilise & create targeted market segmentations.
- Responsibility for systems & processes to develop customer engagement with hotels & hotel group.
- Work closely with Group Revenue team to understand future bookings levels and plan necessary promotional activity to increase occupancy levels.
- Continually explore and research new trends and innovations within hospitality marketing.
- To develop and monitor branding guidelines for hotel group & individual hotels to develop marketing brand, profile and image.
- A minimum of 5 years of strategic brand marketing and management experience.
- A 3rd level Marketing Qualification or years’ of experience in a B2C marketing department.
- Strong digital marketing experience and up to speed with current digital marketing techniques.
- Strong relationship management experience with excellent influencing skills and a proven track record in managing multiple stakeholders at all levels of an organisation.
- Be willing to travel to hotels across Ireland and the UK. Car owner ideal but not a must.
The ideal candidate should have
- Ability to be a strategic thinker and to have a passion for insight & data.
- Strong commercial focus with the ability to drive and grow business through all business channels.
- Self-motivated, innovative, collaborative, multi-tasker, creative and analytical.
- A passion for innovation with a proven track record of creating and sustaining a culture of innovation.
To apply, please click on the link below and submit your Cover Letter and CV.
Dalata Hotel Group Plc is an Equal Opportunities Employer