Why you’ll be excited by this role…
It is almost unimaginable to think of a technology that has not been influenced, impacted and in many cases made possible by MathWorks software. Your mobile phone, your social network, your TV streaming service, even your take out! MathWorks is the software that is accelerating the pace of engineering and science.
It is an exciting time to join MathWorks as we establish, develop and grow our shared sales & services center in Galway, Ireland. As a Sales Development Representative, you will focus on driving revenue growth by generating new business opportunities to support the sales funnel. This role will manage a high volume of available leads across a wide variety of industries and applications by leveraging advanced phone qualification skills and product, service, industry and workflow knowledge.
You will be responsible for working with technical end users and key purchasing contacts, creating new opportunities that allow sales representatives to cultivate through the sales cycle to achieve individual and/or team specific goals.
What you will be doing….
- Achieve or exceed monthly targets and quota of qualified opportunities with reven
- Fully qualify marketing and sales leads and support prospecting initiatives and campaigns assigned. Successfully pursue new customers through outbound calling strategies
- Leverage advanced qualification along with product, services, industry or workflow knowledge to thoroughly qualify and identify new sales opportunities
- Prioritize and manage the lead queue volume effectively to maximize new sales opportunities
- Assign qualified opportunities to appropriate sales representatives by capturing all relevant customer information and sales activities completely into the CRM system in order to advance the sales cycle. Leverage internal resources to develop and expand your lead qualification skills
- Collaborate with peers and sales representatives to ensure customer responsiveness and attainment of goals
- Participate in team meetings and contribute to sales and marketing meetings on calling efforts to advance the sales cycle
- Partake on projects with local and international project team members
What you are really good at…
- Selling. Consistent overachievement of sales and productivity goals
- Responsiveness. Has a can-do attitude, is customer centric, displays empathy, and is quality focused
- Being strategic, creative and focused. Ability to multitask, strong sense of urgency, willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
- Taking care of the details. Is accurate in recording information clearly and concisely. Highly proficient computer, analytics and social networking skills
- Communication. Exceptional persuasive verbal and written communication skills with excellent telephone skills and a high level of attention to detail
- A bachelor's degree and 2 years of experience with one year in a customer facing role is required.
- A bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years post university experience, 1-2 years customer facing experience
- Bilingual skills – minimum B2
- Exceptional persuasive verbal and written communication skills with excellent telephone skills and high level of attention to detail
- Completion of sales skills and/or phone skills training
- Proficient working with a CRM system to facilitate lead qualification and advancement of sales cycle
- Strong prioritization and time management skills
- Experience working in fast-paced, disciplined, process oriented, sales environment
Even better if you have…
- Additional language skills/multilingual
- Worked in a shared sales & services or global business center