We are a leading corporate services practice, looking to recruit a senior Accountant who will head up our accounting services division. The individual should possess star quality, be a qualified Accountant with 5 years PQE, and be capable of succeeding in a demanding and challenging multi-client environment. They should also have experience in managing and motivating a team and delivering an exceptionally high level of service to clients. This is a relatively new division within a company with 20 years in business and has huge growth potential.
The role will entail the following:
- Managing of a growing team of Accountants/Book-keepers (three currently)
- Training and mentoring part-qualified staff on good accounting procedures and practices in conjunction with ACCA training guidelines
- Preparation of statutory end of year accounts and management accounts
- Electronic filing of CT returns
- Managing effective processes for the provision of services and meeting filing deadlines
- Overseeing the provision and delivery of tax registration services, book-keeping, payroll and VAT returns.
- Overseeing new business development and growing the division
- Overseeing practice procedures with regards to reporting requirements, disclosure, client AML records, etc.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CPA)
- Minimum 4 years’ PQE
- Minimum 4 years' experience in practice and/or multi-client environment
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience in managing, motivating and getting the best from a team
- Ability to thrive under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- Strong IT skills at expert level on Sage accounts, ROS, paycheck, etc.
- Razor-sharp attention to detail and process and task driven
- Satisfactory references will be required from the successful candidate.
- An excellent communicator who excels in client facing situations
Please do not apply if you cannot satisfy the above mandatory requirements.
The company offers an attractive remuneration package, with performance-based incentives to match the requirements and demands of the role. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to grow their own accounting department within the practice and reap the rewards.
Please contact us for an interview to discuss this opportunity further.