The Manager, Corporate Communications, working with the Associate Director, Corporate Communications, will be responsible for managing internal/employee communications and external affairs including media relations, public affairs, and community engagement in support of Regeneron's Industrial Operations and Product Supply (IOPS) site in Limerick, Ireland (Raheen) and corporate offices in Dublin, Ireland.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
o Partner with site leadership and provide strategic counsel and tactical support for leader communications.
o Partner with key stakeholders/ members to provide communications direction and guidance; assist and manage completion of deliverables to support enterprise and client department goals. Ex. InspectionReadiness, QUEST
o Work with Corporate Communications team in Tarrytown and Rensselaer to inform employees of news and events; engage and motivate employees so that they understand and support the company's business objectives; reinforce the company culture.
Conceive, research and write stories on local Raheen and Dublin initiatives, activities and events for the Regeneron Intranet. Story topics should support business objectives and sustain the company's unique culture.
Ensure corporate messages are appropriately timed, rolled-out, cross-linked and coordinated between all communication channels in all locations.
Act as Project Manager for larger communications campaigns, rollouts, initiatives and events.
o Reinforce the Regeneron brand /brand promise/mission/vision/values, and IOPS Success Factors through the development of internal visual displays.
External Communications & Media Relations
o Work with Associate Director, Corporate Communications and Irish PR Agency to build local media presence and profile; Respond to local media inquiries, cultivate strategic media opportunities; Interact with local government stakeholders and public officials.
o Develop, obtain approvals, and post (where applicable) content for Raheen and Dublin site on corporate Regeneron Twitter, FaceBook and LinkedIn accounts
o Assist in planning and content development for external initiatives such as community relations and talent acquisition campaigns.
o Assist with content development for public-facing communications (e.g. fact sheet, recruitment materials, etc.).
o Work with site leadership team to develop and implement programs to promote good will and foster positive relationships with local communities. Recommend actions to maintain and grow positive reputation in the community, including developing new opportunities initiatives, or events
o Act as advisor and coordinator for employee-driven Regeneron in the Community (RIC) events and activities.
o Develop internal communications content highlighting Regeneron IOPS' community relations and employee-driven philanthropy programs (RIC).
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
* Requires BA/BS in communications, journalism or related field.
* 7+ years experience in corporate communications in a large organisation with preferred experience in internal communications within an agency or science/technology company in a regulated industry.
* Knowledge and experience of using social media as an effective PR tool.
* A results-oriented, collaborative style. Proven track record of developing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
* Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and proven ability to navigate within a matrix organization.
* Exceptional writing and editing skills. Demonstrated ability to produce clear, compelling, motivating copy for global employee base; experience interviewing and writing news/newsletter/internet content.
* Demonstrated effectiveness in project management and event planning. Strong attention to detail. Ability to prioritize deliverables in a fast-paced environment.
* Proficient in Sharepoint, Word and photo editing software.
* Strong interest in and knowledge of video and digital tools for storytelling, content sharing.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills
* Internal communications experience within an agency or science/technology company in a regulated industry is preferred.
* Previous employment in the pharma/biotech industry preferred but not required.
* Journalism experience would be an advantage.
* Videography and video editing skills would be an advantage.