- To ensure residents hygiene/personal care needs are maintained to the highest standards.
- To assist residents with mobilising as appropriate. Ensure correct aids are used.
- To assist residents with eating and drinking as required. To assist in the preparation and serving of meals.
- To report any changes in residents condition to the trained nurse.
- To adhere to all national and local health and safety policies and guidelines.
- To be familiar with the Health and safety at work Act 1989.
- To treat residents as individuals and respect their preferences and choices as far as possible.
- To carry out practical duties only when competent to do so.
- To attend mandatory training and other training as directed by the trained nursing staff.
It is a condition of employment that staff will not disclose any information obtained during the course of their work other than to those entitled to receive it.
Variation to duties:
You may be required to undertake other duties as may reasonably be expected of you within the scope of the post.
Amending the job description:
The job description may be subject to change and review due to changing circumstances. This will be done in consultation with the post holder.