Are you a qualified Pharmacy Technician?
We are recruiting a full-time Pharmacy Technician in Fortunestown Lane Shopping Centre, Tallaght Dublin 24.
Hickeys Pharmacy have an outstanding reputation operating in the heart of communities for over 20 years.
In return for your experience and dedication as a full-time Pharmacy Technician, you will receive:
- Long term career opportunities
- Continuous professional development
- A competitive benefits package
Summary of Role:
The Pharmacy Technician complete various activities in the pharmacy under the supervision of a pharmacist. They assist the pharmacist in providing medication and other healthcare products to patients by collecting, organising and evaluating patient information; the management of medication and the distribution and providing of drug information and education to patients.
- Assists the Pharmacist by accurately and efficiently preparing prescription orders and verify prescription information is complete and accurate
- Advises customers on medication & OTC products in a professional and empathic manner
- Acts as a professional team member constantly striving to improve efficiencies and services to our team and the local community
- Operates within the most recent PSI regulations & guidelines on good practises for relevant services
- Ensures that the working practises and environments meet within the overall standard operation procedures
- Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders with wholesaler and pharmaceutical companies; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs and communicating shortages to team
- Ensures all claims under each of the drug reimbursement schemes are verified and validated on a monthly basis
- Ensures that all claims are reconciled and any rejected claims are resubmitted within the agreed timelines
- Communicates with the PCRS with regard to resubmitted claims and rejected items
- Drives dispensary targets and focuses on key store initiatives to achieve retail targets
- Ensures highest possible standard of technical support to pharmacy team through continuing education & professional development
Personal Skills Required:
- Excellent Communication & Interpersonal skills
- Customer focused and a positive and ambitious attitude
- Willing to work as part of a team
- Self-directive manner while receptive to instruction
- Ability to build relationships within a team