This role will support the overall Company needs in respect to Health and Safety in our growing work place. This individual will work closely with all members of the management team across a number of divisions and departments and will ensure the highest level of H&S compliance in line with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Management of H&S Management System on Site to comply with legislation, Company Procedures and ensure maintenance of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 accreditation.
- Promote a positive H&S culture across the Company Network.
- Develop and review Method Statements, MSDS Sheets and Risk Assessments.
- Ensure full compliance to Health & Safety project requirements.
- Create training modules.
- Carry out Safety Inspections & Sit Audits, report findings and conduct regular reviews on corrective actions arising from any inspections and audits.
- Review, update and maintain all Health & Safety documentation in line with best practise.
- Provide advise and guidance in regard to all Health & Safety matters and carry out any in house training required.
- Carry out accident, incident investigations and root cause analysis studies including proper reporting of any accidents/ incidents and near misses.
- Investigation and mitigation of potential Hazards and resolution and any issues arising.
- Delivering and completing statutory notifications to the HSA as necessary.
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for personnel working on site.
- Maintain required registers to ensure compliance with legislative requirements.
- Delivery of Tool Box Talks and safety inductions.
- Complete Site specific risk assessments and safety statements as required.
- Chair the Health and Safety Committee.
- Maintain Company Site specific safety statements.
- Manage the close out of all regulatory audit actions.
- Production of Ancillary Safety Statements for Client Sites.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships across the organisation with staff of all levels.
- Recognised 3rd level qualification in Health & Safety an advantage. NEBOSH qualification preferable.
- Strong interpersonal skills, incl. verbal and written communication skills.
- At least three years relevant work experience and experience in a similar role and/or environment an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of Irish Health & Safety legislation.
- Knowledge and training in risk assessments preferable.
- Resilient with a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to gather and analyse information skilfully.
- Ability to multi-task with strong problem solving skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn.
- Tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work as part of a team and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Full Clean Drivers Licence.
- Highly computer literate; MS Office suite is must.
- Strong time management skills.