Since their inception in 1966 our client has been at the forefront at providing “quality of life services” to over 200 customers in Ireland on a daily basis, employing over 1,800 on the island of Ireland to deliver these services. They have an unrivalled reputation for building lasting partnerships with clients and for providing exceptional customer service. Due to exceptional demand for their services the business has experienced considerable growth, particularly in the last two years. In order to help maintain these customer relationships and to ensure they are realising every possible commercial opportunity from these customers they are looking to appoint a Business Development Manager specifically within their corporate Services Dvision. Reporting to the Director of Business Development, the successful candidate will be tasked with developing, maintaining and maximising existing and new client relationships. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4-6 years B2B Sales /Account Management experience with a services company.
Duties and Responsibilities.
- The Business Development Manager will be responsible for the identification, planning, and conversion of new business opportunities. This is an excellent opportunity for an influential business development professional to utilise their skills and developed within the business.
- Responsible for the delivery of a personal sales target to deliver profitable new business, applied within the framework of, ‘Right Client Right Terms
- Demonstrates effective communication with both existing and prospective clients
- Responsible for bringing in and closing sales through fostering long term relationships,
Negotiating client contracts and increasing the new business pipeline
- Manage and update the prioritisation of prospects, including nominating targets
- Creating compelling tender documents which effectively answer client needs and deliver a clear winning strategy.
- Project manage key accounts for organic growth and new business
- Supporting retention through active involvement in re-bid activity
- Nurture client relationships in order to stabilise & develop them for the long term.
- Promote quality communication and relationships with both existing and future clients,
- Effective management of the budget and resource under your control
- Regular communication with Operational and Service Excellence teams
- Demonstrable track record of developing successful sales and business development strategies across a portfolio of target client groups
- Management of the bid process for new and retained business
- Exceptional client relationship management skills
- Development of commercially viable solutions based on rigorous techniques to understand client needs and price products/services accordingly
- 3rd level education
- 4-6 years B2B sales, business development, account management experience OR management role in Hospitality sector.
- Exposure to tendering and bid processes would be highly advantageous
- Numerate and proficient with MS office products, especially excel, word and power point
- Fluent written and spoken English.