WHELAN'S BUTCHER JOB OPPORTUNITY
We are a family owned butchers that have a renowned reputation for traditional quality-crafted foods, showcased in our award winning stores. We source local food from local farms, dairies and artisan makers to bring our customers the unique taste of Tipperary.
We are currently looking to recruit a butcher for our stores. The butcher will have the following responsibilities:
Responsibilities for this butcher role:
- Day to day preparation of the Butcher department, ensure quality product and standards
- Receive, inspect, and store meat upon delivery, to ensure meat quality
Record quantity of meat received and issued to cooks and/or keep records of meat sales
- Supervise other butchers or meat cutters
- Cure, smoke, tenderize and preserve meat
- Cut, trim, bone, tie, and grind meats, such as beef, pork, poultry, and fish, to prepare meat in cooking form
- Prepare and place meat cuts and products in display counter, so they will appear attractive and catch the shopper's eye
- Prepare special cuts of meat ordered by customers
- Shape, lace, and tie roasts, using boning knife, skewer, and twine
- Ensure that all food safety and HACCP standards are met
- Provide a quality level of customer service ensuring that the customer is satisfied with the product and to provide the customer with further information regarding storage, recipe ideas etc.
- Ensure a clean and tidy working environment
Requirements for this butcher role:
- Exceptional customer service skills with experience working with the general public
- Have strong communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Should be very well presented for the job
- Strong work ethic
- Full qualifications as a butcher in all aspects to cutting meet, boning, rolling.
- Enthusiastic and passionate
- Full experience as a qualified butcher
Interested? Then apply now and see what difference you could make!