The main objective of this programme is to provide students with the skills to build robust and structured web sites using HTML, Adobe Dreamweaver, and Adobe Photoshop and introduces coding with a text editor. The programme takes users from evaluation of client and user needs to building robust modern web sites - working with text, paragraphs and tables to building multi-frame layouts using style sheets and introduces layers, templates and libraries.
At the end of the course participants will have a good knowledge of the HTML language, Dreamweaver and Photoshop. The participant will be introduced to CSS and other essential techniques required in today’s web production landscape.
Any individuals wishing to develop a website including, professional designers familiar with DTP or Graphics software needing to get to grips with this powerful web design tool.
Over 23 (Mature Student) or 5 (Ord) D3s in Leaving Certificate or equivalent exam taken. User of MAC/MS Applications.Course Duration
10 Weeks x 1 Evening (6.30pm – 9.00pm)
- Introduction to Web Design
- Introduction to the Web I
- Introduction to the Web II
- Web Development Tools
- Web Design Concepts
- What is a Web Page?
- Designing Web Pages with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Dreamweaver
- Creating a Photoshop Mock-up using the wireframe
- Styling the rest of the page
- Optimizing Web Graphics
- Page Structure & Styling
- Creating Dreamweaver Templates
- Testing and Validation
- SEO & Publishing a Site
- Brief Introduction to Other Technologies
- Griffith College Dublin, South Circular Road, Dublin 8
- Entry Requirements
- Over 23 (Mature Student) or 5 (Ord) D3s in Leaving Certificate or equivalent exam taken. Proficient in the use of MAC/MS Applications.
- Certificate in Web Design & Development (ICM)
- Qualification Type
- Course Link