CMSE Manual Handling Instructor Course
This course is intended for those who wish to instruct on their own manual handling courses.
- Assess the relative danger or safety of manual handling tasks
- Recommend preventive measures which can reduce the risk of injury.
- Lift and handle loads safely.
- Identify ergonomic risks and recommend control measures.
- Instruct others on the theory and techniques of safe manual handling.
The content of this course is extensive, below is a sample of modules covered.
- Statutory and Common Law
- Implications of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005
- Implications of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulation 2007
- The Manual Handling Regulations
- Duty to avoid manual handling where possible
- Risk reduction and assessment when manual handling is unavoidable
- Principles of levers and the law of motion
- Anatomy of the spine
- How to protect your back
- Practical- Dealing with different types of load
- Ergonomics and Manual Handling Risk Assessment
- Introduction to Ergonomics and Anthropometrics
- Train the Trainer Module
- Principles of levers
- Structure and functions of the spine
- Teaching Strategies
- Up to a maximum of 12 participants.
- Skills Demonstration - 60%
- Theory Based Examination - 20%
- Assaignment - 20%
- FETAC Level 6 certification is provided on successful completion of the course.
At CMSE we pride ourselves on the delivery of very practical Manual Handling Instructors courses.
We have an outstanding reputation and track record in the delivery of Manual Handling Courses in Ireland.
Our reputation has been gained by consistent hard work and excellent delivery of over a period of 12 years.
All our instructors are fully qualified AND experienced in manual handling principles and regulations and providing manual handling information.
Contact Us for more information & Course Dates
||Athlone, Cork, Galway, Dublin, Limerick, Portlaoise, Wicklow
||Health & Safety / Health & Safety