The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) is the leading professional association of safety practitioners and are recognised internationally as the standard for the profession.
This IOSH Certified four-day course is similar to the IOSH Managing safely course, but it specifically tailored to reflect the requirements of managing safely in a construction environment.
On completion of the course participants should be able to:
- Outline relevant health and safety legislation, codes of practise, and guidance notes and know where to source such information.
- Distinguish between the duties and responsibilities of the employer and employee, contractor and sub- contractor.
- Be able to verify the competence of the contractors.
- Understand the basis of risk assessment and risk control.
- Have a knowledge of risk rating systems
- Be able to implement workplace precautions, relative to the risks.
- Understand the basis of regular review of proposed systems.
- Know the statutory requirements for reporting and recording of accidents and near misses.
- Understand the principles of accident investigation.
- Know the importance of continuous active monitoring.
- Identifying Training needs in an organisation.
- Know the importance of consultation with employees and employee representatives.
Ideal for those of you that wishes to gain knowledge and build competency in construction safety including site foremen, Site Managers, Project Managers, Safety Officers, Contract Managers or those of you that just have an interest.
- Module 1: Accident /incident/ ill-health causation/ investigation and avoidance.
- Module 2: Legislation
- Module 3: Risk Assessment and Safety Management.
- Module 4: Reactive monitoring focusing on aspects on the construction environment
- Module 5: Active Monitoring
- Module 6: Controlling Common workplace hazards.
- Module 7: Human Factors
- Module 8: Safety Management System.
Up to 10 personnel
A pre and post graded multiple choice questionnaire will be presented to candidates.
Participants complete a written exam and project.
On successful completion of the exam participants will be awarded the IOSH Managing Safely Certificate.
FAS Funding may be available for Training Courses where applicable
||Health & Safety / Construction