- Have five passes in the Leaving Certificate including Maths and English or an equivalent educational standard.
- Have at least three years appropriate work experience and be working in procurement and supply management in the private or public sectors (Your application must be endorsed by your employers, in writing, to the IIPMM Education and Training Manager).
2 Years - 2 evenings per week and Saturday classes
Assessment includes continous assessments and examinations
About the Course
The Higher Certificate aims to introduce the student to supply management and general commercial and industrial aspects of the organisation to develop a basic understanding of supply management and of current issues impacting on the competitive position of the organisation. It also introduces basic quantitative methods used in research projects to develop functional knowledge and its application in the procurement and supply management function to emphasise the operational issues in procurement and supply management.
Year 1- Stage 6.1
- Fundamentals of Accounting
Business Organisations and Information Technology
Marketing and Business Communications
Principles of Procurement
Purchasing and the Commercial Environment
Year 2 - Stage 6.2
- Statistics and Quantitative Methods
Fundamentals of Management
Introduction to Supply Chain
Storage and Distribution
This course is designed for individuals interested in pursuing a career in purchasing and supply chain management in both the Private and Public Sectors, and those seeking a recognised qualification in these related disciplines.
Progression and Career Options
On successful completion of the Higher Certificate, graduates are eligable to enter the Institute's degree programme.
The course is the perfect foundation for participants who wish to progress in the workplace. Employment can typically be found in the areas of purchasing, merchandising, operations and retailing.
- Tutorial Fee: Stage 6.1: €2,200, Stage 6.2: €2,200, Year 3: €2,200
- IIPMM Registration and Examination Fees must be paid directly to IIPMM. Please refer to www.iipmm.ie for details
To register as a student with the IIPMM, students must register directly by 30th November 2009 of the current academic year.
- Griffith College Dublin, South Circular Road, Dublin 8
- on application
- Assessment includes continous assessments and examinations
- Course Link