Effective Public Speaking - GCD
About the Course
Many people feel uncomfortable when speaking in public or addressing large groups. Griffith College Dublin has developed an Effective Speaking course to assist people to overcome many of the common fears of public speaking. Our carefully planned workshops will provide participants with the skills to present and speak in public with confidence. Participants will be encouraged to develop their own unique style and to develop techniques to help them plan their speech and to make an impact when speaking to an audience.
- The Body – Posture and Gestures
- The Practice
- The Voice: Sound and Sense
- The Presentation
- The Speech: Planning and Organisation
During the course, participants will:
- be guided through the preparation and presentation of various types of talk, formal and informal.
- be given the opportunity to improve their ability to engage with an audience with confidence and poise.
- enjoy the dynamic which working in a group provides
- receive guidance on the use of notes and visual aids.
This course is specifically designed for those who may be called upon to make presentations or host conferences in the course of their work.
- Griffith College Dublin, South Circular Road, Dublin 8
- Entry Requirements
- Open Entry
- Effective Public Speaking- GCD
- Course Link