The CIPD Foundation Level Certificate in Learning and Development Practice is designed for those who want specialist knowledge combined with practical skills development to underpin their contribution to Learning and Development within their organisations. Successful completion of the programme leads to the IPA Certificate in Learning and Development Practice and the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Foundation Certificate in Learning and Development Practice.
This programme is ideal for anyone with coaching and training responsibilities. A key feature of this programme is that it is highly practical allowing participants ample opportunity to acquire and practice new skills.
The programme is also designed to reflect the CIPD HR Profession Map, with successful completion giving you the underpinning knowledge for the new CIPD Associate professional level of membership (Assoc CIPD). This is a new professional grade of membership recognising the skill, knowledge and approach needed to make a significant supporting contribution, and deliver excellent results in the workplace.
Who Should Attend?
This Certificate is ideally suited to:
- Staff who have recently moved into the field of Learning and Development - Training Officers / Advisors
- Line Managers and Supervisors to whom Learning and Development responsibility has been devolved
- Staff eager to update their Learning and Development knowledge and skills
- Those wishing to pursue a career in Learning and Development
- Those wishing to pursue CIPD Membership.
The overall objective of this foundation certificate programme is to help participants develop as effective Learning and Development practitioners and utilise the key skills required in this specialist area. At the end of the programme participants will have:
- A greater awareness of the organisational context of Learning and Development
- An understanding of the key issues that impact on Learning and Development
- Practiced and developed, under expert guidance, a range of skills relevant to Learning and Development
- Increased their knowledge of the legal, economic, environmental, social, technological and labour related developments that impact on the Learning and Development field.
This Certificate programme covers the following areas:
- Organisational Context of the Learning and Development (L&D) and HRM Functions
- Developing Competencies / Yourself as a Learning and Development or HRM Practitioner
- Learning and Development in the Public Sector - from Strategy to Policy and Practice
- Recording, Analysing and Utilising Information as a Learning and Development or HRM Practitioner
- Undertaking a Learning Needs Analysis
- Preparing and Designing Learning and Development Activities
- Delivering Learning and Development Activities
- Evaluating Learning and Development Activities
- Developing Coaching Skills for the Workplace
Delivery, Duration and Location
The course is delivered by way of blended learning. Participants will be provided with access to workbooks, action learning sets, podcasts, videos and an interactive web site and will be required to attend a minimum of 9 days of workshops over the period October 2013 to June 2014. Participants will be assigned an individual tutor who will support the participants as they progress through the programme. Participants will be required to have an email address and internet access. Workshops will take place at the Institute of Public Administration in Dublin but can also be delivered in-house or on a regional basis.
|Unit 1||Developing Yourself||3 and 24 October 2013|
|Unit 2||The Role of HR and Learning & Development||5 December 2013|
|Unit 3||Learning Needs Analysis||23 January 2014|
|Unit 4||Preparing Learning & Development Activities||27 February 2014|
|Unit 5||Delivering Learning & Development Activities||2-3 April 2014|
|Units 6 & 7||L&D Information Management and Evaluation of Learning||15 May 2014|
|Unit 8||Coaching Skills||19 June 2014|
Assessment and Accreditation
There is no written examination for this programme. Assessment is by means of unit assignments the majority of which are written and where skills are being assessed these will be subject to classroom / workshop verification and assessment.
The Certificate in Learning and Development Practice is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
The fee per participant will be €2,200. Where 3 or more participants from the same organisation enrol on the programme a 10% discount will apply. The fee includes attendance at workshops, all IPA course materials, tutor support and refreshments. Please note: Individual CIPD membership fees are separate from the programme fee.
Membership to CIPD
While studying for ‘Certificate in Learning and Development Practice’ participants must join as student members of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). Successful completion of the CIPD Foundation Certificate in Learning and Development Practice, in addition to relevant work-based experience, will enable participants to apply for new Associate level membership of the CIPD. Participants will be encouraged and equipped throughout the programme to be application ready for the upgrading process. On attaining associate membership status participants will be entitled to use the “Assoc CIPD” designation.
- 57-61 Lansdowne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4, Co. Dublin
- (2013) *Discount available where 3 or more participants from the same organisation enrol on the programme. NB: Individual CIPD membership fees are separate.
- Qualification Type
- CIPD Foundation Level Certificate in Learning and Development Practice
- Career Path
- Learning and Development, Training and Development
- Course Link
- Related Categories: