The programme confers the industry-standard, internationally recognised qualification in psychometrics awarded by the British Psychological Society. There are four days training; two in using aptitude and careers tests and two days training in personality, Myers-Briggs type and emotional intelligence.
Over the past 10 years Psychometrik have trained over 700 people in psychometrics including many HR specialists, recruiters, guidance counsellors and performance coaches - see their client list and what their clients have to say at: http://www.psychometrik.com/clients.html. The course provides comprehensive training in using psychometrics, including:
1. SKILLS TRAINING. The course provides skills training in using psychometrics effectively in selection and development. To achieve this we familiarise you with a comprehensive range of psychometric tools (see list below) and teach you how to use psychometrics to gain insight into the behavioural styles of the applicant/employee (personality, values, emotional intelligence). As well as gaining these skills, you also gain a comprehensive understanding of current thinking, tools and techniques in using selection and development.
2. TRAINING IN SPECIFIC TESTS AND ASSESSMENTS. We use a variety of tests but the training gives you access to industry-leading measures including measures of: Personality Traits - the 15FQ+ (16PF Industrial), the worlds leading personality questionnaire; Myers-Briggs Type - Jung Type Indicator, the most up-to-date measure of the Myers-Briggs Model; Emotional Intelligence - The Emotional Intelligence Questionnaire, the latest measure of this new and exciting area; The Values-based Indicator of Motivation, the most recent development in the field of personality assessment.
3. PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT. As part of the course you complete four of the world's leading psychometric questionnaires (15FQ/16PF, JTI, EIQ and VbIM) and use your profiles in feedback and coaching role plays. This makes the course a great personal development opportunity as you get a very comprehensive picture of how you think, feel, act, cope and relate to others. We also provide you with the industry-standard methodology for combining personality profiles with other selection data (CV, Interview, etc.) and mapping these to job competencies in job coaching. We also help you identify possible points of synergy and conflict between your behavioural style and those of your clients and how to use these in coaching and career development.
4. RECOGNISED CERTIFICATION (BPS, PSI, IGC, CIPD). The course fulfills the requirements for the Certificate of Competence in Occupational Testing awarded by the British Psychological Society. On graduation you automatically gain access to the catalogues of our test publishers Psytech and Team Focus and to the catalogues of other test publishers should you also wish to register with the BPS; they charge their own fee for registration with them. In addition, certification allows you to be set up at no cost with accounts on our online testing platforms where you can use these tests and assessments on a pay-per-use basis.
5. FACILITATOR: Terry Connor M.Ed., PhD., C.Psychol., BPS Verified Assessor of Psychometrix,
||KIngstown College, 89 Upper Georges St Dunlaoire Co Dublin
||Business,Communications,Accountancy / Finance,Media & Journalism,Social Science & Humanities,Marketing,Public Relations,Psychology,Sales,Business / Advertising & PR,Business / Business Studies,Business / Business & HR,Business / Strategic Management,Business / Documentation Production,Business / Trading & Investment,Business / Entrepreneurship,Business / Business IT/ eBusiness,Business / Business & Marketing,Business / Economics,Business / Leadership/ Management,Business / International Business,Communications / Business Communications,Communications / Interpersonal,Marketing / Online/ Digital Marketing,Marketing / Marketing,Marketing / Tourism Marketing,Marketing / Marketing/ PR Advertising,Medical / Pharmaceutical,Public Relations / Event Mgmt & PR,Public Relations / IT & PR,Public Relations / Public Relations,Sales / Field Sales,Sales / Account Management,Sales / Cold Calling/ Telesales,Sales / Sales Management,Public Service,Business / Coaching
||from 27/08/2012 to 31/08/2012
||RECOGNISED CERTIFICATION (BPS, PSI, IGC, CIPD). The course fulfills the requirements for the Certificate of Competence in Occupational Testing awarded by the British Psychological Society