Johnston Logistics Ltd commenced trading in 1979 and is a private limited company jointly owned by Albert & Ivan Johnston. The company operates from 7 sites within Ireland, with the company headquarters and administration based at a 3ha Dublin Hub in Rathcoole. The site currently operates 15,100m2 pick and pack and cross dock warehousing and 21 dock levellers.
A Warehouse Management System (WMS) which includes RDT barcode scanning is in place (Index by Principal Systems) which offers complete accuracy and records on all transactions with active reporting options.
- Pharmaceutical / food grade raw material
- Hardware and DIY
- Heated and temperature controlled
- Type C Bond – Authorised Consignee Premises (ACP) for Bonded non EU dry goods
- Type E Bond – duty deferred
- Warehouse Team Leaders for all areas have extensive training as have all operatives so that our clients may be assured of a high standard of accuracy, attention to detail, efficiency and house keeping.
- High-efficiency “teardrop” double deck trailers, reduces number of loads and kilometres
- Fuel Consumption Monitoring
- Rain water harvesting to supply automatic truck wash which recycles 95% of its water
- Entire facility is lit by high-efficiency lights with motion & lux sensors
- Reduced paper – electronic invoicing, paperless picking by RF guns, signature capture devices
- Electricity from wind farm generation
- View our environmental policy Johnston Logistics Environmental Policy
- HSSE Manager & DGSA
- Safety Statement & Business Continuity Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- ADR & CPC Training
- Risk Analysis
- Accident Recording
Johnston Logistics has made the transition from being a traditional domestic haulier to a true Pan European Logistics Provider, while retaining the quality and service levels of a local organisation. We have remained ahead of the curve with our focused expansion into mainland European groupage, spearheaded by our partnership with Dachser Gmbh. The Dachser network allows us to offer worldwide logistics solutions supported by world-class customer service and traceability.
Johnston Logistics service provides “Irish Companies a Global Network and Global Companies an Irish Network”.
Further growth will be achieved by providing comprehensive and tailored logistics solutions for clients. We will also develop new relationships with companies who operate in our target market who require a professional and service-driven logistics solutions provider with innovative solutions.
The core belief throughout our organisation is to value, above all else, our relationships with our customers, employees and service partners alike. This value system nurtures trust between all stakeholders across the business which is key to delivering an efficient and sustainable service now and into the future.