Why Work For Camara
Why Work For Us
Camara Education is a non-profit international educational organisation dedicated to delivering real impact through technology by inspiring and empowering a young generation to improve their own life opportunities. Our mission is to transform education using technology to empower disadvantaged students. Our vision is a world-class technology-enabled education accessible to all.
Founded in 2005 in Dublin, Ireland, Camara has built a proven model of ‘education delivery’ that is both sustainable and highly scalable. Camara is a registered charity in the US, Ireland and the UK. It currently operates five Education Hubs in Africa (Ethiopia, Kenya, Zambia, Lesotho and Tanzania), and one in Ireland, alongside a Resource Hub in Dublin and London. All Hubs operate as social enterprises and operate to serve local market needs through a sustainable business model.
Camara’s founding beliefs are:
• Poverty is unacceptable in the 21st century
• Education is the key to alleviating poverty
• Technology has the ability to radically improve education
In the last 11 years, Camara has enabled more than two million young people to achieve better educational outcomes and to improve their life opportunities, through raising and generating €24m, training 26,000+ teachers across 5,300 schools and educational institutes, and installing 90,000+ ICT devices.
• The Dóchas Award for Innovative Programme of the Year 2016
• Pan African Awards for Entrepreneurship in Education 2016
• The Vodafone World of Difference Award
• The Arthur Guinness Award
• The David Manley Award
• The Social Entrepreneurs Ireland Award
• The Lord Mayor’s Award (Dublin)
• The Global Development Network ‘Most Innovative Development Project’ Award.
Camara exists because we believe the world would be a better place if all young people were empowered through innovative education to create the life they want to lead.